MLOVE Mobile Trend Report
Nike shoes adapt to Instagram pictures
Nike has teamed up with Instagram to create an HTML5 app called “Nike PhotoiD”.
Users of the app can interactively configure their future Air Max shoes by selecting a photo from their own Instagram profile, whereupon “Nike PhotoiD” applies colours from the image to the shoes.
The colors on offer are the same as in the previously available “NIKEiD” design service. The personalized shoes can be ordered from the online store and shared on social networks and, of course, on Instagram.
Initiator: Nike Inc., USA
Car insurance based on driving style
The “StreetOwl” mobile app, developed by the American company of the same name, enables drivers to match their car insurance to the way they drive and save themselves some money.
First of all, the app gives drivers some feedback on their current driving style and measures the risk factors. For every drive, the latest figures are recorded, a score is calculated and suggestions for improvements are made. As soon as drivers reach their targets, they can use the app to find the right and potentially most cost-effective insurance policies.
Initiator: StreetOwl Inc., USA
Apps pay for themselves through location data
The Seattle-based company Placed specialises in location-based analysis and has just launched “Placed Affiliate” to enable developers to make money from their apps even without advertising. Users of participating apps are asked to anonymously share their current location.
This information is then sold for a fee to partner companies for market research purposes. Whether or not the apps pass through the program depends on the quality of the shared data, which is evaluated in both a 7-day and a 30-day plan. In a pilot project, as many as 30 million locations were measured.
Initiator: Placed Inc., USA
Music Recognition Service identifies Fashion
The music identification service Shazam has been updated to include a feature called “Shazam for TV”, which enables users not just to read cast biographies and trivia about TV shows, but also to access information about the clothes they wear. Shazam achieves this by working directly with TV channels. Viewers can thus record audio samples of participating shows on their smartphones to get information on specific scenes. If desired, the app can forward users to an online store where they can purchase the items they’re interested in.
Initiator: Shazam Entertainment Ltd., USA
Adverts in tumblr microblogs
Users of the photo blog platform Tumblr will soon have mobile advertisements inserted into their updates, and they will largely look like normal posts.
Users of smartphone apps will first see up to four spots per day, and the ads will also be displayed on PCs shortly afterwards. Participating partners are obliged to design their content in high optical quality, as simple ads are not required.
Parts of film trailers can be seen as GIF animations, while General Electric’s first ad features an animated GIF of a jet engine.
Initiator: Tumblr Inc., USA
MLOVE Mobile Trend Report
- Get the hottest 30+ mobile trends of the industry wordwide
- Gathered by 80+ trend scouts worldwide
- Monthly subscription with access to additional media online
- Stay up to date!
- Powered by TrendONE, the European leader in Micro Trend Research
About MLOVE Mobile Trend Report:
- The MLOVE Mobile Trend report is a subscription-only monthly compilation of the latest mobile micro trends gathered by 80+ trends scouts worldwide.
- It is directly connected to a trend database – the TrendONE Trendexplorer – via interactive functions. This enables you to access a video and some more images.
- In a clear, compact digital format, we report about worldwide product innovations, intelligent business models and disruptive technological developments in the mobile industry.
- Without doubt, our MLOVE Executive Mobile Trend Report is packed full with potential ideas for your business and will be your personal navigation tool through the fast moving landscape of innovation.
- 30+ micro-trends monthly – filtered against a database of 20,000+ microtrends
- Available in English and German; other languages available on demand
- In an interactive PDF format
- For research professionals, thought leaders, innovators, passionistas, entrepreneurs and mobile lovers
Information & Order:
Order your personal MLOVE Mobile Trend Report today!
Why not test out the MLOVE Mobile Trend Report?
Questions? Please contact Tanja Ferkau
Download previous Versions of the MLOVE Mobile Trend Report:
- 2013-04 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2013-03 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2013-02 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2013-01 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-12 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-11 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-10 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-09 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-07 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-06 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-05 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-04 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview
- 2012-03 MLOVE Mobile Trend Report Preview